I originally wanted to make a February favorites post, but I realized that there’s only one product that I can truly say I love. So, I decided to do the reflection on my skincare behavior instead.
I’d like to start off by thanking every visitor and follower of this blog. At the beginning I didn’t expect it to have any readers at all, so this is a pleasant surprise. I know there’s a lot I need to improve and I will be taking one step at a time. So thank you very much again!
The first two weeks of the month involved packing up and moving. I found that using face masks 2 – 3 times a week greatly helped to relief stress. I couldn’t have a strict routine as I was also trying to use up things so I didn’t have to bring so much stuff over. After I moved, I started a new skincare routine predominantly using products from Pai (no, I’m not sponsored!). Since I’ve been using it for only two weeks I’m not sure if it really works, but so far I’m comfortable with it.
Here’s how my routine looks like for the past two weeks:
- Cleanse: Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser with a muslin cloth (AM & PM)
- Treatment: Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil (AM & PM)
- Neck treatment: REN Vita Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil
- Eye cream: Origins GinZing (AM) and Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream (PM)
- Moisturize: Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler Night Cream (AM & PM – I know, radical)
- Protect: Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++ (AM)
- Acne treatment: LHP 1% (AM & PM), just an over-the-counter antiseptic cream.
- Lip treatment: NUXE Reve De Miel lip balm (AM & PM)
I’m trying to be religious with this routine especially with the oil and eye creams. My acne scar has started to noticeably fade, which I believe is because of the oil so I will be doing the review on it soon. Despite applying eye creams daily, my lines and dark circles are still the there but I will keep sticking to it so things don’t get worse in the future.
My star product of the month is the NUXE Reve de Miel lip balm. I wrote about it before here. The last time I was here I was using other lip balms and my lips were still chapped. This one shields my lips away from the cold Nordic winds and keep them soft. I use it at least twice a day and before going outside. I highly recommend this lip balm to anyone especially those who live in dry and extreme climate!
My goal for March is to keep up with my skincare routine and also wear a sunscreen everyday. I’m buying a new one next week and La Roche-Posay seems to be the most cost-effective one, considering the ingredients, price, and the quantity of the product.
What have you been loving during the month of February? 🙂